Here at Backyard Rubs we are a Texas-inspired and Midwest-made BBQ rub and seasoning company. We understand that when you claim something from Texas that has big implications. We have been influenced by our midwest root -- anyone else like a good cinnamon chili (for example, Skyline -- if you know, you know!) This is not going to be a Texas chili recipe. This might not even be a chili recipe at all.
However, this is our take on chili, the way we like it. That means no chunky tomatoes and no beans and this time no cinnamon either. After all, this is cooking, which means the rules don’t apply. So feel free to alter this recipe and make your own, that’s what we did and we like it, you just might as well.
Here is a hearty bowl of flavor that is sure to keep you full and warm on long winter nights.
Spicy Mama Chili
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1lb - Ground Beef
- 1lb - Ground Pork
- 3 tbsp - Spicy Mama Rub
- 2 Cans - Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 Can - Original RoTel
- 1 - Jalapeno
- 3 Cups - Water (or broth)
- 1 Cup - Elbow Macaroni
- Brown the ground beef and ground pork with 2 tbsp of Spicy Mama rub
- Cook elbow macaroni per the instructions on the box and set aside.
- Drain both cans of tomatoes and pulse in food processor (leave as chunky as you like)
- Combine in dutch oven - Cooked beef and pork, 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 can of rotel, 1 sliced jalapeno, 3 cups of water and broth and bring to boil.
- After the pot boils, turn to simmer for 30 minutes and add remaining tbsp of Spicy Mama rub.
- Add elbow macaroni in the final 5 minutes of the cook.
- Serve in a bowl with sour cream and cheese.
For more recipes make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. And don’t forget to leave a comment and let us know how you make your chili.