When we initially got our Big Green Egg it was a foreign thought to cook breakfast on it. Fast forward and we are cooking anything and everything including all kinds of breakfasts on the Big Green Egg.
Today we are going to be making a smoked sausage breakfast casserole using our Daddy Crack rub to instill a garlic and maple flavor. The great thing about our bbq rubs is that they can be used on sorts of things from breakfast food, to taco seasoning, and of course bbq.
This is a simple, yet tasty recipe.
Feel free to adjust the ratios in this recipe to make it your own. You can also swap out Spicy Mama for Daddy Crack if you are in the mood for a little extra kick.
Daddy Crack Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-55 minutes
- 1lb - Ground Sausage
- 1 TBSP - Daddy Crack Rub
- 1 Cup - Organic Milk
- 12 - Organic Free Range Eggs
- 3 Cups - Freshly shredded potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup - shredded cheese
- Prep your grill for indirect cooking (350 degrees)
- Brown the ground sausage on the stove, when finished - drain the fat
- Shred three cups of fresh organic potatoes
- Crack 12 eggs in a large mixing bowl, add 1 TBSP of Daddy Crack Rub, add 1 cup of milk and mix together until eggs are scrambles.
- Spray 9x12 pan with cooking spray - Layer potatoes on the bottom, then ground sausage, then pour egg mixture evenly, and top with shredded cheese.
- Cook indirect for 40-55 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have you ever made breakfast on your grill or smoker? Leave a comment below or take a picture and share it with us on Instagram (@backyardrubs)! As always feel free to adjust the recipe for what serves you and your family best, just don’t forget to tell us about it. For more cooking tips make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.